Thursday, January 13, 2011

book club


   a new year is a good time for a new reading list. my sister stacia and i have our own little book club and our list for the year is made up of cassic books all written by women. half are by authors we already love, and half are by authors we haven't read before. 



:::sister book club list:::

 january:   sense and sensibility,  by jane austen
february:   my life in france,   by julia child
march:   mrs. miniver,  by jan struther
april:   betsy and the great world,  by maud hart lovelace
may:   miss pettigrew lives for a day,  by winifred watson
june:   emily of new moon,   by l.m. montgomery
july:   the tenant of wildfell hall,   by anne bronte
august:   a little princess,   by frances hodgson burnett
september:   a tree grows in brooklyn,   by betty smith
october:   rebecca,   by daphne de maurier
november:   cold comfort farm,   by stella gibbons
december:   jo's boys,   by louisa may alcott



 what books do you love?

10 comments:

  1. my life in france is a great book! you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that all the books you chose are by women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you haven't read The glass castle, add that to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved a tree grows in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add anything about or by the various Mitford sisters...I am OBSESSED!! They will, however, make you somewhat mad that you weren't born a Mitford and didn't grow up in the 20's. Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! my life in france (which I plan on reading next), a tree grows in brooklyn, and miss pettigrew lives for a day are all on my reading list too!
    xo,
    cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see John Keats on your shelf! Oh man, love him. I'm a huge J. M. Barrie fan, so The Little White Bird & Peter Pan, I love. & just about everything by Rick Riordan lately, that is if you dig mythology & Harry Potterish sort of adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful books...I haven't read them all but am really looking forward to reading Cold Comfort Farm...I loved the movie! I also loved Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. visit this fb page if you're interested in literature http://www.facebook.com/EnglishLiteraturePoetryBooksBookClubsMore?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this is an informative blog and also very useful and knowledgeable, This is best known place to find genuine pain relief medicines and customers can easy grab it to world famous brands medications available 24/7 in our stock. buy tapentadol 100mg online

    ReplyDelete